North East India is one such belt that is growing everyday in terms of touristic attractions. People from far off places love to go for the Seven Sisters tour in this region and admire the picturesque beauty. Nature has blessed this portion with the finest of greens, rivers, mountains and much more. All these factors make it an ideal place for all kinds of tourists with varying tastes.
Shillong – the capital of Meghalaya – is a gem city that is renowned as the ‘Scotland of East’ or the ‘Mini London’. This magical land is the prefect place where you will actually feel like transported to some paradise amidst pine trees, waterfalls, mountain streams, lakes and gorges. So if you are a nature lover, get ready for the action of your lifetime.
- Cherrapunjee – the renowned place to receive highest rainfall in the world – is only 56 km from Shillong.
- The city is pretty cold in winters, and serves a hot spot for camping.
- Nature lovers and honeymooners love to explore its romantic lakes and waterfalls, dense forests and lofty mountains
- You can try out several lip smacking culinary delights like cheesy pizzas, burgers, momos (famous dish) and chowmien during your stay at Shillong. Apart from that, jado (made of pork), dohkhlieh (pork salad) and jastem are some popular non-vegetarian dishes of the city.
- When it comes to shopping, the local artisans at Shillong are considered expert in making cane and bamboo baskets, hand woven shawls, orange flower honey etc.
This way, it is a much relaxed and peaceful destination where you can experience the true solitude and tranquility far away from the hustle-bustle of urban life.